Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
tree function

4010 Views 11 Replies Latest reply: 2015-04-23 09:58:51

•   Level 2   
    (35) points
    ringosrider
    2015-04-19 09:19:26
     When is the tree function going to be working?

•   Level 6   
    (707) points
    hefaus

2015-04-19 09:55:27 (Reply to:ringosrider)

Hi. I asked that question over a year ago and was told soon. Guessing soon isn't here yet. Would be nice if it did work. Just saying.Enjoy keep smiling.

•   Level 8   
    (2012) points
    Pedro

2015-04-19 11:48:40 (Reply to:ringosrider)

I didn't understand why TREE function is such important. This is useful in what situations?

•   Level 6   
    (435) points
    mitch

2015-04-20 09:04:35 (Reply to:Pedro)

To be honest it really is not that important. It has its uses but one can certainly get by without it. I would rather they just remove it from the tool and give up on it. I think it is just left there as a hopeful selling point sort of like the camera base vin scan and cloud base customer database. I don't believe any of these features will ever appear. They need to concentrate on the real core functions of the tool pids and bidirectional controls rather then with the frills. As much as I like the tool I personally believe these frills they have on the tool that don't work or they advertise about are misleading and a bit fraudulent advertising.    

•   Level 6   
    (707) points
    hefaus

2015-04-20 09:13:36 (Reply to:mitch)

I totally agree with Mitch

•   Level 5   
    (236) points
    ifgshooter

2015-04-20 16:04:01 (Reply to:Pedro)

For network communication diagnosis, tree function would be helpful. It shows location of modules on the network, and if said modules are communicating as designed. Knowing where a module is located on a network from the tool itself saves a lot of time running back and forth to the computer searching for something in Alldata or Mitchell that you may not be able to find. And also saves you from having to disconnect every module in search of a faulty module, when you can see location, function, and relation to all other modules on the network. Having proper data on hand saves a lot of legwork and guesswork.

•   Level 10   
    (10965) points
    Autel Support

2015-04-21 02:00:42 (Reply to:ringosrider)

Hi guys, we had plan to develop this feature at the beginning, however, while developing this tool, we focused on some more important features. Later, we found tree function is actually not so easy to make, but we still have engineers working on this. not sure when it can be done. Keep hope.

•   Level 8   
    (2012) points
    Pedro

2015-04-21 18:06:02 (Reply to:Autel Support)

As a said before and other users to, please focus in another functions, like:

- Read pin code in some brands like PSA, VAG group, Ford and Renault (I already send to you, by email, some software to you, in order to you try to put in Autel Maxi Pro)
    - More online coding & programming in Vag Group, Mercedes, Ford, PSA, etc, like you have in BMW.
    - More detail dtc, with more information about the code.
     Etc.

I already sent several email to you, if you need please be free to contact me. I have a lot of good suggestion to improve the 908 PRO, and the software ready to copy to 908 PRO.

This is want clients want. If you follow this path, more people will buy Autel and more people will want to update the software every year.

•   Level 10   
    (10965) points
    Autel Support

2015-04-22 04:49:56 (Reply to:Pedro)

Good, thanks for the very valuable feedback! Will report to R&D. and focus on diagnostic functions.

•   Level 3   
    (79) points
    FloridaTech

2015-04-22 17:26:58 (Reply to:mitch)

Well put mitch.
  Total2 Pages